Comprehensive Guide for Selecting the Right Air Ambulance Service
Resolving a medical emergency is an unnerving situation. You have to transport your loved one who is wreathing in pain immediately to a medical facility. The only way to do it is by choosing a right air ambulance service.
Yes, it is a life and death situation for your loved one. But you need to calm down and stay composed while choosing the air ambulance service provider. Because it is of paramount importance that you choose the right air ambulance service.
Air Ambulance-Not An Ordinary Transportation Service:
Air ambulance is more than just an aircraft to transfer a patient from one country or state to another country or state. Interested in knowing what is so special about right Air Ambulance Services in India?
- Since the air ambulance service is used to transport a critical patient it is equipped with life-saving equipment and a medical kit.
- Medical staff on board an air ambulance has the right qualification and experience in aviation medicine.
- The crew on board an air ambulance has experience in managing the transportation of a critically ill person
The Umpteen Reasons for Opting for Air Ambulance Services:
- Road travel to transfer a critically ill patient is a risky affair. Air ambulance from a renowned Aircraft charter company in India is the best solution.
- Every second is crucial for a critical patient. Air ambulance helps to save precious time.
- An Air ambulance is a comfortable and convenient option to transport a patient who is suffering from a life-threatening condition.
- In an air ambulance, the patient in perilous condition can get interim medical care.
- Air ambulance services are also used for transporting organs and for medical tourism.
The Challenging Task Of Choosing The Perfect Air Ambulance Service:
There are many challenges in transporting a critically ill patient by air. Only a premium and superlative service provider has the calibre to meet the expectations of the client. The task of finding the best service provider can become a tad easier by following few guidelines.
Availability Of Type Of Aircraft Matters:
Check with the companies providing Air Ambulance Services in India about the type of aircraft that they rent out.
- Jet aircraft where no re-fueling is needed is preferred for long-distance travel. No stoppages for re-fueling means saving time.
- For short distances, twin and turboprop airplanes are used.
- In some medical cases, helicopter services are sufficient.
Absolutely No Compromises with Accreditation and License:
A company with a proper license and accreditation can provide air ambulance service. Beware of fraudulent companies.
- Never take the risk of hiring a company that offers services at cheap rates but does not have license and accreditation
- Verify that the air ambulance company has received the license from a credible agency. For example, in India Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) is the authorizing body.
Have You Checked For The Insurance Cover?
You are under tremendous financial burden when there is a medical emergency in the family.
- Remember that there are companies that have insurance cover.
- If the cost of treatment is high then it is always better to choose a company that offers the insurance advantage.
Get The Details About The Medical Equipment:
One of the advantages of air ambulance is that it is equipped with life-saving equipment. So, if an emergency arises in the mid-air the patient can be treated immediately. Check with the air ambulance service provider about the equipment that they have on board. In many cases following equipment is available onboard:
- Critical care transport equipment
- ECG monitors
- Life support system
Are The Best Medics On Board?
Having the best medics and paramedical staff on board is of paramount importance. When you are choosing the air ambulance service provider check for the following details about the medical staff:
- The qualification and training of the medical staff on the air ambulance
- Check if the medical staff has the potential to handle an emergency mid-air
- The team of medics ideally must include a doctor with the right qualifications, a nurse who has experience in critical care, a paramedic who is trained in critical care, and a respiratory therapist.
Pulling out a loved one from the arms of death is a race against time. Only the best air ambulance might help you win this duel.
Are The Pilot And The Crew Members Well-Trained?
Reputed Aircraft Charter Company in India ensures that a well-trained crew is on board.
- Never hesitate to check if the pilot is conversant in managing an air ambulance service.
- The crew members on board must also be trained professionals who can handle emergencies.
- The staff must be well-versed with emergency procedures.
Don’t miss Out on Reading the Fine Print:
You are ready to bear the financial stress to save your loved one. But you have financial limitations. So, if you miss out on checking if there are any hidden charges then your budget might go for a toss. To avoid this type of situation here is what you must do:
- Read the contract carefully to check if there are any hidden charges.
- In case you have any doubts then do not hesitate to raise questions.
No Harm in Comparing Services and Asking Questions:
- You want to hire the best air ambulance service, provider. So, don’t choose the first one that sends the quotation.
- Compare the prices and services of the different air ambulance service providers.
- Tell the service provider about your exact requirement and specifications. When in doubt ask questions to get better clarity.
In the case of air ambulance services, the stakes are high. So, you have to choose the service provider smartly. One mistake and the life of your loved one might be at risk. If you don’t want to take such chances then keep the above guidelines in mind.
Megamax Aviation can help in your endeavour to transport your critical patient safely by air. You can get the best services at reasonable rates from this reputed service provider.