Noida International Airport
On 25th November 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation of the new Noida International airport near Jewar in Uttar Pradesh. This airport will also become another milestone in the Infrastructure and economic development of the city. Spreading over more than 1300 hectares of land, this airport is acclaimed as to be India’s largest airport on its completion.
The construction of this Noida airport will surely make the aviation services in India grow stronger. The first phase of the project will cost around 10,500 crores and on the completion of the first phase, the project will spread over 1300 hectares. Its completion is scheduled for 2024 and is said to have a capacity of serving about 1.2 crore passengers in a year.
Apart from Noida, cities which will be greatly benefited by this airport are: Delhi, Ghaziabad, Aligarh, Agra, Faridabad, etc. With the inauguration of Noida airport, UP will become the first state in India to have five international airports. Since 2012, the state has only had two international airports which are the Varanasi and Lucknow airports. Recently this year on Oct 20, 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Kushinagar International airport which became operational since then, and the Ayodhya International Airport is under construction and is expected to start its service soon in early next year.
Benefits of Noida International Airport:-
The Ministry of Civil Aviation said that the International Jewar airport will be an Aviation hub and will be established to provide modern and hi-tech services and facilities with utmost efficiency. On becoming the fully operational airport it is expected to provide both aero and non-aero activities along with maintenance, repairs, and operations(MRO) facilities. The various benefits of this International airport are:-
- Employment Opportunities:- The airport has been strategically located to create job opportunities for almost 1 lakh people. Even before becoming operational, it will be employing people for its development and construction.
- Investments:- This massive project is believed to attract huge investments in the region. It is estimated to bring in investments of around Rs 35,000 crores. The investment could be the development of real estate in the nearby areas, increase in hospitality services, trade centers, offices, etc.
- Trade And Exports:- Noida International Airport will be the first airport in India with an integrated multi-modal cargo hub, this will surely boost the shipment activities and increase imports and exports. And the size of the airport will also allow it to host high-volume shipments.
- Tourism:- Needless to say that the airport after becoming operational will hike up the tourism in the nearby states. With an expectation of nearly 1 crore passengers every year, this airport will give a boost to both foreign and domestic tourism in the states like Agra, Mathura, and Delhi.
- Real Estate Development: Experts believe that the Jewar Airport will boost real estate sales and development in the near regions. The demand for real estate in the areas like Noida, Greater Noida, and Yamuna Express Highway will rise exponentially.
Some Major Points to Note about the Jewar Airport:-
Once the construction of this massive airport will be completed it will be India’s largest airport. This 1,334 hectare spread Noida International airport will be constructed by the Yamuna International Airport Private Limited (YIAPL) which is a subsidiary company of Swiss concessionaire Zurich International Airport AG.
The estimated total cost of the airport will be 29,560 crores and its construction will undergo in phases. The first phase is likely to be completed by 2024 with a cost of 10,500 crores.
The overall completion of the airport will be done in four phases which can approximately take 30 years.
Effects On Aviation Services in India:-
The Noida International airport will greatly impact the civil aviation industry. Both passenger and commercial cargo air transport connectivity of the region will be benefited from this project. The airport will have an integrated multi-modal cargo hub that will increase the shipment activities through import and exports. The strategic location of the airport will make it a logistic gateway of northern India.
Megamax Aviation services:-
“The foundation laid by our prime minister for the International Airport in Noida will become the milestone of Infrastructure and economic development of the city. This 1300 -hectare spread airport will generate great employment opportunities during and after its construction. This airport will be a logistic gateway for northern India and will be a gamechanger for UP’s overall growth. Megamax is looking forward to this airport being operational soon on expected dates and we hope to associate with them to make their passenger’s experience great and safe.”
– Rajesh Singh
CMD Megamax Group
Megamax Aviation always strives to provide the best private aircraft rental services to its clients. We always prioritize the safety and comfort of the customers flying with us. With the opening of this new Noida International Airport, we are aiming to improve our services further to associate with the airport and provide safer and comfortable aircraft rental services in India.