Technology is all set to Carve the Future of Air Travel
The digital revolution is affecting all industries and sectors including the aviation industry. This sector is trying to adapt to the digital wave so that it can meet the expectation of tech-savvy modern passengers.
These days passengers don’t want only low-cost carriers. They also want to get a personalized experience right from booking air tickets to completing formalities like check-in etc. The aviation industry has to formulate its strategy by keeping in mind the demands of the contemporary air traveler. Technology is going to play a pivotal role in the formulation of future strategies for air travel.
Why does the aviation industry need to align with the latest technologies?
- When it comes to long-distance travel, air travel is one of the best options. But in the future travelers might have more amazing options like the Hyperloop. These types of modern travel options can pose tough competition to the aviation sector.
- There is a growing awareness among the people about the latest technologies like AR and VR technology. These technologies help to give a more personalized experience. The modern traveler is looking forward to the use of this type of technology in all sectors. Even while going for the Char Dham Yatra 2022 by air the traveler wants the best experience. This is possible only by adapting to the latest technologies.
Technologies that are bound to shape the aviation sector in the future:
- This technology helps to give an optimized and personalized experience to the client.
- It helps to upscale the digital interactions between the customer and the airlines
- Artificial intelligence is one of the best ways to design and provide services that are as per the client’s expectations. No wonder that the Medevac Services in India adopts this technology to provide a memorable and comfortable travel experience to the client.
- This aspect is very useful to make correct strategic decisions that are based on facts. Data mining techniques can be used to develop the best strategy which can prove to be highly successful.
- Fine-tuning of the aviation strategy becomes easier with big data. This is because this technology along with AI is useful to predict consumer behavior. This information is useful to develop a robust plan to provide the best experience to the client.
- Technology can make it possible for the aircraft to complete its journey without any manual intrusion. Pilotless planes by the best aviation companymight soon become a reality. This type of automation is possible due to hybrid RPA and AI.
- Autopilot modes is used in a major part of the Char Dham Yatra 2022 flights and other such flights . The pilots take charge of the airplane at the time of take-off and landing of the airplane.
- However, that does not mean that we are not going to require human pilots in the future. This is because at the end of the day an aircraft is a machine that can behave unpredictably. Due to the risks involved human pilots onboard are a must.
Upskilling of the workforce:
- Technology is not just for the airplane and machines. Even the workforce of the airlines has to adapt to the new technology. The vision of using the latest technology in advanced planes can become a reality only when the present workforce upskills its capabilities.
- The air ambulance services in India need, air traffic controllers, and safety inspectors to upgrade their skills.
- There might be some apprehensions among the employees that automation may take away some jobs. But we need to understand here that automation and technology also help in the creation of new and better-paying jobs.
- Biometrics is bound to become the default way of verification. Facial recognition, retinal scanning, and fingerprint authentication are some of the biometric technologies that are useful in verification.
- The paperless verification process is possible only with biometric technologies. Biometric technology is integrated into different processes like migration formalities, check-in, and border control.
- We can expect the integration of biometrics in baggage claims in the future. If this happens then the passengers get the option to keep a track of their luggage in real-time.
Connectivity in the flight:
- Connectivity is the need of every business. Even during domestic flights which can be just of couple of hours, the passengers wait desperately for the plane to land so that they can get back the connectivity.
- The day is not far when passengers’ demand for in-flight connectivity shall increase. Passengers don’t want to switch to airplane mode when on board. They want to remain connected all the time.
- Most of the airports now have free wi-fi services. All airlines may soon offer these services inside the flight as well.
- Here we would like to point out the example of Delta airlines. This airline is currently providing Wi-Fi services in some of its aircraft. This is to give the client a better and entertaining experience during the flight.
- Technology makes it possible to assist travelers with additional needs.
- Recently All Nippon Airways along with Panasonic Corporation tested the latest generation of self-driving electric wheelchairs. These wheelchairs make use of the robotic element and they can safely navigate on their own. This is one of the best mobility and accessibility solutions for passengers.
- Guest trials for autonomous wheelchairs were also conducted by Etihad Airways and Abu Dhabi Airports. The guests who had restricted mobility could self-drive the wheelchairs in crowded areas and lounges.
- The main aim of this technology is that elderly travelers and travelers who are suffering from any health issues or are physically challenged can move around the airport with ease.
Wearable and hearable technology:
- Some airlines in Japan have introduced smart earpiece technology. This innovative aspect will improve and simplify the communication between flight attendants.
- To improve the relationship with customers voice technology is being used by some airports and airlines. Take the example of Iberia where the Iberia Plus cardholders can check the status of their flights with this technology.
- We would also like to point out the example of American airlines which is providing real-time translation in more than 25 languages at the Admirals Club Lounges at the Los Angeles Airport.
The aviation sector is surely gearing up to adapt to the advancement in technology. But proper planning and implementation is a must failing which everything can go haywire. Proper implementation of the new technologies is possible only with intensive testing.
Technology also brings forth new challenges and threats like cybersecurity and user privacy issues. So, aviation companies need to ensure that while testing the new technology they keep in mind these challenges. The aviation sector needs to address these challenges so that the client has a seamless travel experience.