Temperature Insights for September and October Char Dham Yatra
A spiritual trip to Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri is referred to as “The Chota Char Dham”. Even today, it continues to draw thousands of pilgrims from across the world during the pilgrimage season. These Dhams located in the spiritually rich state of Uttarakhand are must-visit sites.
Want to visit these sites and are about to book the Family Packages for Do Dham/ Char Dham by Helicopter? Wait! First, check the temperature and weather conditions. This will help you choose the right time to visit the char dham. According to the experts, September to the middle of November is the best time to start your Char Dham yatra.
Why Devotees Want to Visit the Char Dham?
Char Dham Yatra proves a highly significant trip for Hindus. It is believed that the Dham Yatra cleanses sins and leads to spiritual liberation. According to the Hindu Mythology, this solitary trip will help you in getting “Moksha.” This is the prime reason why every Hindu devotee wants to visit these four sacred places at least once in their lifetime.
Millions of devotees undertake this holy pilgrimage each year to pay their respects at the sacred temples. It is a widely held belief that going on this journey frees individuals of their past sins. The Yatra fosters a sense of belonging, purity of heart, and self-realization.
If you also want to be a part of this divine trip, you can book a package of Do Dham or Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter. During this trip, they will take you to all four pilgrimage sites i.e., Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri.
Char Dhams of Uttarakhand:
A brief description of Char Dhams is mentioned below. Have a look:
- Yamunotri: The source of River Yamuna, where the temple of Goddess Yamuna is situated.
- Gangotri: The origin of River Ganga (Ganges), home to the temple of Goddess Ganga.
- Kedarnath: A sacred shrine of Lord Shiva. This is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas and a part of Panch Kedar.
- Badrinath: The temple of Lord Vishnu, also known as Badri Vishal, where Saint Adi Shankaracharya achieved liberation.
Why Weather is Crucial for the Char Dham Yatra?
The temples in Char Dham are located in the remote corners of the Northern Himalayas at high altitudes. Hence, these sites are subject to extreme weather conditions. These include heavy snowstorms, sudden cloud bursts, and frequent landslides. All of these weather conditions can pose serious risks to pilgrims. Therefore, it is important for those planning the Char Dham or Do Dham yatra by helicopter to consider the timing of their visit. This is necessary to ensure a safe, pleasant, and enjoyable experience.
Temperature In September and October:
It is advisable to visit the Char Dhams during the months of September, October, and November. In these months there will be no risk of flooding, land sliding, and downpours.
End of June to End of September:
- Weather Conditions: During this time, the region experiences heavy rainfall. This can result in landslides, cloud bursts, and swollen rivers.
- Challenges: Traveling in such conditions can be tough. This is because roads may be blocked due to landslides. Also, the rivers can overflow and this can make the journey unsafe.
- Recommendation: Generally, it is not advisable to plan your Do Dham Yatra by Helicopter during the monsoon season. However, if you must go, it is better to stay updated with weather forecasts and be well-prepared. Carrying rain gear, and essential supplies, and checking the weather conditions are essential to ensure safety.
End of September to the Middle of November:
- Weather Conditions: This period falls between the monsoon season and the harsh winter. These months are characterized by pleasant weather, clear skies, and greenery. In short, this is the best time to visit the Char Dham.
- Advantages: The post-monsoon period is beautiful. The valleys in these months are covered in fresh greenery. The weather is neither too hot nor too cold. This makes it an ideal time for the char dham yatra by helicopter.
- Recommendation: The pre-winter season is considered the best time for the Char Dham Yatra. The favorable weather conditions ensure a safe and enjoyable journey. This season allows pilgrims to focus on their spiritual experience rather than facing extreme weather problems.
The monsoon season has risks due to adverse weather conditions. The pre-winter season offers the most comfortable and enjoyable experience for pilgrims. It is a time when the natural beauty of the region is at its peak. No doubt that this weather is best for a smooth pilgrimage.
Char Dham During Summers:
Summer in the Himalayan mountains is beautiful. After a long and harsh winter, the valleys look green and beautiful. This transformation begins in April in Uttarakhand. It marks the onset of the delightful summer season.
The Char Dham region experiences average temperatures ranging from 20°C to 35°C during these summer months. This period is considered the best time for going on the Char Dham Yatra.
Those planning to visit the Kedarnath and Badrinath temples must choose the April to June period. It is at this time that the weather is most favorable for travel and pilgrimage.
However, due to their high altitudes, places like Gangotri and Yamunotri experience a delayed start to their summer. It is towards the end of April. Despite the late arrival, the climate in these areas is pleasant. Mornings are warmer, creating a pleasant atmosphere for tourists. As the day progresses, there is a gentle cooling in the evenings. It is advisable to carry some warm clothing during their journey to Gangotri and Yamunotri in April and May. This is to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience during the char dham yatra.
Avoid The Harsh Winters For Char Dham:
Winter is the only season when the gates of Char Dham are closed to pilgrims. This period starts in October and lasts until the month of March. During these months, you can witness lots of heavy snowfall which makes it impossible to reach Char Dham. The temperature in this month can be chilly i.e., in the range of below zero to 15 degrees Celsius. This makes traveling very difficult.
In the winter season, i.e., from November to March, the pilgrimage, or Darshan, is stopped. This is because of the cold temperatures and the heavy snowfall. The Char Dham Yatra, begins in the spring, often coinciding with the Hindu festival called Akshaya Tritiya.
The weather in the Himalayas can be quite unpredictable, with constant changes. So, it is a good idea to know the best time to visit Char Dham. This is for a smooth and comfortable journey.
The best months to go for the Char Dham yatra are Spring and summer. So, if you want to go on a trip in these months, book a tour package from a reliable service provider. Remember to carry all the essential things along with you. To get the best service, book the specialized Family Packages for Do Dham/ Char Dham by Helicopter from Megamax Aviation. Our experts shall give you weather updates. They make sure that your journey is safe and comfortable.